Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Variety Lights


Okay, so honestly I have no idea what to write. I am not a film student, nor have I ever studied film before........


Variety Lights



Okay, so when Liliana boarded the train and sat down next to Signor Ceccho, I knew there would be trouble. What a slut, to wink at him as he's sitting there with his fiancee....not to mention hiking up her dress to show him her legs.


What I don't understand: Why did Liliana "put herself out" to other men, but not Ceccho? It makes me wonder if she actually did have feelings for him. But, she still ruined it by running away.


The image stuck in my head from Variety Lights is Liliana leaning her head on Ceccho's shoulder, while Melina (?) was right next to them. Then, when her father fell, Ceccho didn't even help Melina pick him back up again. It was incredibly sad, watching her hoist him up from the ground.


The other thing I remember most is, strangely, the audiences from the troupe's performances. All the men were so disrespectful....and human. They were so loud and obnoxious. Ugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The men were very loud and annoying. Suprisingly the only thing that made them shut up was the sexy dancer

Becca said...

HaHa I totally agree about Signor Ceccho. She is a slut. But that is what made her character important in the plot. She created the drama and the comic relief. We can just laugh about her stupidness and being a whore.